Get involved in space projects!
- Send nano-satellites to LEO
- Launch cubesats from ISS
- Design and test winged rocket
- Showcase work at meetings and conferences worldwide
The Space Engineering International Course (SEIC) is designed for aspiring students and engineers with passion for space, satellites, or the desire to return skills and technology to their home country.
- Lectures based in English
- Interdisciplinary projects
- Multicultural teams
- Learn Japanese for Beginners
- Eat delicious Japanese food!
- Attend international conferences
Career Development Opportunities
SEIC is an ideal space engineering degree for you to both advance your career and contribute to space technology in your own country. There are two tracks:
1) Masters course: 2 years
2) Doctoral course: 3 years (prior Masters required)
In SEIC you will have access to top-notch research laboratories and satellite development and testing centers. You will also work in interdisciplinary, multicultural teams, and gain the skills necessary to carry out the full cycle of satellite design, test, operation, systems engineering, and project management. After completing your degree you will be positioned to start a space or satellite project in your own country!
Components of SEIC
SEIC is composed of four required components:
- Research under supervision of a faculty member toward a Master or Doctoral degree
- On-the-job training through hands-on experience such as space environment testing
- Project Based Learning (PBL) through a space project led by Japanese and foreign students
- Lectures in English on subjects related to space engineering
Space Engineering International Course（SEIC）
For the details about registration for courses, timetable, lecture room map, etc., please go to the website (Graduate School of Engineering)